Effective Date: May 25, 2018
We understand you may have questions about how we collect and use the information that you provide to us and the privacy of your Personal Information. To be clear, by Personal Information, we mean data that could be used to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any other information that can be linked or is linkable to you.
Browsing this Website
Information We Collect on this Website and How We Use It
We collect only basic Personal Information about you such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other information you choose to provide so that we may process your requests such as contacting you about hotel development opportunities. In addition, if you choose to sign-up to receive e-mail updates we will use your e-mail address to send you the requested information. All required and optional information is clearly denoted on any form presented to you. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
“Do Not Track” Requests/Signals
This website does not support, nor respond to, “do not track” or similar technical requests.
Careers at Interstate
Sharing Your Personal Information
- To third parties that you authorize to receive such information.
- In connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets.
In the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, Personal Information may also be transferred as a business asset. In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information without your permission if we are:
- compelled by law or court order to act differently;
- required or elect to notify you of a security breach; or
- directed by a government entity to provide Personal Information to support an investigation and we believe in good faith that providing the information is necessary to investigate or protect against harmful activities to or by our customers, website visitors or property.
Securing Your Personal Information
We understand that the security of your Personal Information is important. We use a variety of industry-standard administrative, technical and physical controls designed to protect your information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You are in control of the Personal Information that you provide to us. If you would like to access any Personal Information we maintain about you please contact us at [email protected]
This website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children. Anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited from using this website.
- what information we collect
- how we collect it
- how we use it
- the security measures we take concerning your Personal Information
- whether it is shared and with whom
- your rights concerning your Personal Information
What Personal Information does Interstate collect and why?
We may collect your name, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other information you choose to provide so that we may process your requests such as contacting you about hotel development opportunities. All required and optional information is clearly denoted on any form that you are presented. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply. The Personal Information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
Information you provide voluntarily
We ask you to provide certain information voluntarily. The types of information we ask you to provide, and the reasons why we ask you to provide it, include your contact details in order to make a reservation, book or purchase one of our services, subscribe to marketing communications from us, and to submit enquiries to us. We will also ask you to provide your credit card details so that we can charge you for any purchases that you make during your stay at the hotel. We will also collect your hotel loyalty card number so that we can communicate with the hotel to ensure that you collect points for your stay at the hotel. If we ask you to provide any other Personal Information not described above, then the Personal Information we will ask you to provide, and the reasons why we ask you to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we collect your Personal Information.
Information we collect automatically
We may also collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered Personal Information under applicable data protection laws. Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our website, including the pages accessed and links clicked. Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our website, where they come from, and what content on our website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our website to our visitors. Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology” below.
Information we obtain from third-party sources
From time to time, we may receive Personal Information about you from third-party sources (including travel agents that have made a booking on your behalf), but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your Personal Information to us. The types of information we collect from third parties include your name, address, email, credit card rewards number and stay history. We use the information we receive from these third parties to honor your reservation.
With whom does Interstate share my Personal Information with?
We do not sell or otherwise make your Personal Information available to any third parties for their own use. We do use third parties to perform services such as (i) hosting this website and the Careers website and systems, (ii) storing Personal Information you expressly provide to us, (iii) storing and processing information about the use of this website, and (iv) sending you emails with your permission. These service providers are contractually prohibited from using any Personal Information for their own use. They were engaged to provide specific services and the use of any Personal Information they have access to will be dictated by us. We may disclose your Personal Information to the following categories of recipients:
- to our group companies, third-party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us, or who otherwise process Personal Information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your Personal Information;
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third-party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your Personal Information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Legal basis for processing Personal Information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described above will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect Personal Information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the Personal Information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Information from you or may otherwise need the Personal Information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. If we ask you to provide Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Information). Similarly, if we collect and use your Personal Information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third-party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are. If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
Cookies and similar tracking technology
How does Interstate keep my Personal Information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your Personal Information.
We retain Personal Information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymity it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
This website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children. Any resident of the EEA or UK who is under the age of 16 is prohibited from using this website.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your Personal Information, please contact us using the following details: [email protected]